A growing eBook collection with over 3,000 titles, many by bestselling authors. cloudLibrary titles are automatically returned after 21 days.
Accessing eBooks on a computer
- Go to the cloudLibrary website. (Available through www.prl.ab.ca/elibrary)
- Click the Download App button in the upper right of the screen.
- Choose PC App or Mac App on the left side of the screen. Download the app.
- Open the app. Follow the prompts and login.
- A pop up box will appear asking you to activate your computer. Leave it set to Automatically generate ID for cloudLibrary, unless you have an Adobe ID you’d prefer to enter.
- Find a book on the Featured lists or click Browse to see additional titles.
- To check out an eBook, click on the cover. Click the green Borrow button. The book will automatically download into My Books. To start reading your eBook, click the cover.
- If the book is unavailable, place a hold by clicking the Add to Hold List button. To be notified of your hold, click Settings. Click Yes, notify me and enter your email address.
Transferring eBooks from a computer to an eReader
- Turn on your eReader and plug it into the computer.
- Click the My Books tab in the cloudLibrary app, and click the Transfer to Device button.
- The book will automatically expire after 21 days. To remove the book from your Kobo, tap and hold the cover. Tap Remove.
Accessing eBooks on a tablet or smartphone
- Access the app store on your device and search for the free cloudLibrary app. Install.
- Open the app on your device and tap the screen to continue. Follow the prompts and login.
- Use the menu in the top left corner to view the library's collection. Tap Featured or Browse.
- To check out an eBook, tap the cover, then tap Borrow.
- Put unavailable titles on hold by tapping Hold. To be notified of your hold, tap the menu button in the top left corner. Tap Settings, then tap Email for notifications and follow the prompts.
- Tap My Books in the menu to see your checked out titles. To open and read, tap on the eBook.